This recipe was interesting–I have never had coconut butter before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I have to say that if you haven’t made these before, the recipe doesn’t fully explain how to make them properly and I made quite a few mistakes. So as I write how to make this, I will italicize my modifications to make your life easier if you choose to make these. Also, I felt the coconut butter to be too much, so I am going to make it with less for the future.
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 3½ tablespoons 100% dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 2½ tablespoons coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ tablespoons raw honey
- pinch salt
- Warm coconut butter in jar, in warm water until it is a fluid consistency.
- Add two teaspoons of coconut butter into six paper cup molds or silicone molds and refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water and stir in the cacao powder, coconut milk, vanilla, honey and salt.
- Add one teaspoon of the chocolate on top of the chilled coconut butter and refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Remove from fridge and add one more teaspoon of the chocolate and refrigerate until set.
- Top it with one teaspoon of coconut butter and refrigerate until set
- Garnish with coconut flakes and serve
Recipe makes 6 cups. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
I feel like this recipe is almost a Pinterest funny story, here is what their “after” picture looks like:
Then there is my final product…um very different looking!: